Accounting Clerk (Vancouver)
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.7 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.2 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in developing rental apartments, condominium homes and retirement communities, and acquiring, developing and managing commercial and industrial properties in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Development Finance, and providing support to a small team of Project Accountants, this role requires the successful applicant to energetically tackle a wide range of junior accounting and administrative duties.
With an exciting and diverse pipeline of real estate development projects, Concert is positioned to experience significant growth in our development business over the coming years. Our projects are located primarily in the Greater Vancouver, Victoria and Greater Toronto areas. This position will be located in the Vancouver Head Office.
- Maintain, monitor and update project cost commitments in our Yardi Voyager job-costing system, in line with contractual obligations.
- Take ownership of the cost invoice processes for a variety of projects, including but not limited to matching invoices against commitments, coding invoices in line with commitments and budgets in preparation for data entry, preparation of supporting schedules to enable approvals, ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained and coordinating with the AP department to ensure posting and payment of invoices are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Selected vendor management tasks, including analyzation of vendor accounts and its supporting schedules, reconciliation of accounting records with vendor statements and any follow up work necessary. Being the point-person within the team for vendor queries through phone calls, emails or any future vendor portals.
- Process manual cheque requisitions, including coding, attaching relevant supporting documentation, obtaining necessary approvals, and follow up through the AP department to ensure prompt delivery.
- Ensure all filing of approved and paid accounts payable invoices and cheques are up to date and done promptly.
- Conduct/co-ordinate title searches.
- Assist with the implementation of any accounts payable digital transformation strategy and process changes.
- Other accounting and administration duties as requested and required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Aptitude
- One (1) year of general accounting experience, including knowledge of accounts payable procedures.
- Ideally having graduated from an accounting/business higher education program.
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to producing high quality work, including thorough self-review.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong team player, with willingness to assist others as needed.
- Curious, enthusiastic and a desire and aptitude to grow and progress professionally within a supportive environment.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, comprehensive pension package, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, education assistance program and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your email of intent to Human Resources quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.