Village Gate West will transform the current site into a landscaped oasis just minutes from the downtown core.
Concert Properties has partnered with OMERS/Borealis Infrastructure and Sun Life Financial to create a new multi-phase, mixed-use residential community located at 5145 Dundas Street West in Etobicoke.
Strategically located, Village Gate West will transform the current site into a landscaped oasis that is both affordable and a comfortable, safe and convenient place to live at the western end of the historic Village of Islington.
Situated close to a variety of shopping locations, including the Kingsway, Bloor West Village and Sherway Gardens, Village Gate West is just minutes from the downtown core. However, this new pedestrian-friendly neighbourhood will feel a world apart, with brick pathways and open green spaces encouraging a new sense of community for apartment renters, seniors and condo buyers alike.
Built with superior craftsmanship, quality and refinement by Concert Properties, Village Gate West will be affordable, enjoyable and conveniently located near a subway/transit line. The interiors will embody the superior quality and design integrity customers have come to expect from Concert, with open floor plans, balconies and quality finishes.
Village Gate will be built in three phases on 3.7 acres of land that Sun Life has owned for more than fifty years.
- $48 million 21-storey, 278-unit assured rental building on the northwest of the site.
- Construction commences September 2005. Occupancy summer 2007.
- $40 million 12-storey, 170-unit senior lifestyle and independent living rental building on northeast corner of site.
- Currently in Site Plan Approval.
- Construction anticipated commencing spring 2006. Completion scheduled for fall 2007.
- $90 million, two highrise condominium towers of 20 to 25 storeys with up to 500 units located on the southern portion of the site.
- Scheduled to start Design Development in the coming months.
- With the commitment to build Phases 1 and 2 of Village Gate West, Concert and OMERS will have approximately 1,150 new assured rental living units in the Toronto area that are either completed, under construction or that will soon commence construction.