Commercial Maintenance Technician (Toronto)
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Ontario, the Commercial Maintenance Technician, working with the Operations team including Property Managers, is responsible for hands-on day to day maintenance and general up keep of specified commercial properties within Concert’s portfolio. They will also provide assistance, guidance and problem solving to contracted employees to ensure the efficient and cost effective completion of repairs and maintenance.
Geographic Coverage Area:
All commercial properties owned and managed by Concert in Toronto and the GTA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and complete preventive, routine and emergency maintenance and work orders as necessary.
- Review work schedules prioritizing work orders. Respond to tenant and resident service requests.
- Minor electrical repairs such as change various types of light bulbs, light switches, electrical outlets, and install light fixtures, change electrical ballasts.
- Minor plumbing repairs such as change and repair of faucets, toilets and associated piping, unplug drains and service various plumbing components.
- Replace locks on doors, change door handles, and repair or replace door closers.
- Carry out minor drywall repairs and plaster work, painting and minor millwork repair and replacement.
- Ensure the condition and cleanliness of entire site, common areas, roof, exterior building, garbage areas etc.
- Litter pick-up, garbage removal, general maintenance and upkeep of the property.
- Ensure records, files and documentation are maintained accurately and timely in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance work on various equipment.
- Oversee quality and efficiency of work for both staff and contractors. Accompany vendors and contractors while work is being completed if required.
- Assist with inspection of all buildings including: lighting, mechanical rooms, janitor rooms, electrical rooms, telephone rooms, sprinkler rooms, lobbies, elevators, and all entrance doors. Ensure deficiencies are corrected as required in a timely manner.
- Emergency response and on-call duty, as required.
- Other related duties as required. May require heavy lifting.
Other areas of responsibility:
- Assist with emergency situations as communicated by the Operations Manager and/or Property Manager, and complete incident reports in detail for all break-ins, property damage, fires or floods.
- Provide holiday and other absence coverage and perform the scope of work that is required.
- Assist with OH&S inspections, training and attend meetings.
- Assist with procurement of supplies and services as required for site operations.
- Assist with Sustainability measures as required for site operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Education - High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses. WHMIS and/or First Aid training. BES, SMC, BEC Certifications or enrollment considered an asset.
- Experience - 2 years experience in all areas of building operations, including mechanical, fire and safety, electrical and HVAC systems. General building construction knowledge and experience. Able to read and review construction drawings.
- Relationship Skills - Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written in English, superior ability to develop and sustain cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors, the public and especially tenants.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Computer Skills - Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook.
- License - Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, comprehensive pension package, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, education assistance program and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your email of intent to Human Resources quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.