Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (Tapestry)
Owned by Concert Properties Ltd., Tapestry is a unique and redefined retirement community for seniors in Canada. Tapestry creates memorable moments in thriving, connected communities where individuals experience healthy and fulfilled lives. With 3 independent retirement communities, 2 located in Vancouver and 1 in Toronto, Tapestry approaches the development of its homes from a unique perspective. Tapestry reinforces the notion of seniors’ communities as a place where individuals can thrive; where lives are enriched through social involvement, wellness activities, and opportunities to form relationships that build communities.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, this role supports Tapestry’s leadership team with the primary focus of enhancing the Executive’s effectiveness and efficiency by providing a comprehensive suite of administrative services that facilitate strong team alignment, cohesion and the internal and external delivery of our Mission and Operating Principles. An experienced administrative professional, the Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator also supports Tapestry’s culture-reinforcing initiatives, as well as operational plans and priorities as required. This role requires a seasoned, self-starting professional with the discretion, experience and flexibility to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment focused on supporting our communities. This position will be located in our Vancouver Corporate Head Office.
- Maintains the SVP/VP schedules, plans and schedules meetings, coordinates leadership conferences, teleconferences
- Manages all travel and travel-related expense reporting, documentation and other requirements
- Produces a broad range of correspondence as required and directed; reading, researching, drafting letters, documents, seeking clarity from team members when required to ensure accuracy and on brand messaging
- Reads/routes correspondence and analyzes information for appropriate action
- Understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality in all aspects of duties
- Establishes processes and protocols to build and strengthen leadership team alignment and cohesion, and fosters a strong sense of internal Mission delivery
- As one of Tapestry’s primary points of contact (and often the only point of contact), maintains a sense of positive professionalism and consistently represents the company’s brand manifesting our Mission and Operating Principles in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Provides administrative support where required to enable the delivery of major initiatives and project outcomes. These may be urgent, ad hoc initiatives or planned priorities (at the corporate or community level) that require incremental administrative support or assistance
- Supports culture-reinforcing plans and projects, including assisting with training schedules and collateral to ensure quality and consistency
Required Knowledge, Skills and Aptitude
- Preferred: Degree/diploma in business, communications or administration
- Preferred: Eight to 10 years senior administrative experience, working with corporate executives in a people-intensive business/operation; strong bias for urgency and action
- Superior skills in software applications, including MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Acrobat Pro) and online collaboration and conferencing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; superior organization skills; able to manage a large number of varied tasks and responsibilities simultaneously; thrives working independently or as part of a team; understands the need for discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to Tapestry communities as required
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, comprehensive pension package, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, education assistance program and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your email of intent to Human Resources quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert and Tapestry.