Investments Analyst (Vancouver)
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.7 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.2 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in developing rental apartments, condominium homes and retirement communities, and acquiring, developing and managing commercial and industrial properties in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, Investments in Vancouver this role will support various aspects of real estate valuation and analysis within the Investments team and for the commercial and industrial property fund. The Investments team is responsible for asset valuation, financial analytics and underwriting, acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, financing, and leasing of industrial & commercial income producing properties.
- Plan, organize, and execute together with external consultants the valuation of all income producing properties on an annual basis.
- Analyze, monitor and report the strategic and financial performance of all income producing properties, including Concert’s fund portfolio performance, in comparison to market statistics and industry performance benchmarks.
- Assist in various activities and analyses in support of the Investments team and its required functions.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the Real Estate industry
- Recent graduates with less than 1-year experience, with top level aptitude will be considered
- Ability to understand real estate values, including DCF models and the appraisal processes
- Strong understanding of real estate valuation and accounting methodology
- Ability to research, analyze, underwrite and evaluate real estate development and investment properties
- Multitasking while working under pressure and tight deadline parameters
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, the MS Office suite and Argus
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position. For more information on Concert, please visit our website: http://www.concertproperties.com/
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. As a Concert employee, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume and cover letter in PDF or MS Word format, quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.