Keep me Informed
Subscribe to receive the latest news from Concert including project updates, company news and event information.
Maintenance Technician - Ontario
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise, and has always based its corporate success on the testimony of the people it works with and serves. We provide an ongoing commitment to doing business honestly and with integrity, and dedicate ourselves to customer service, quality and to community improvement. You too can make a difference by applying for the following opportunity.
Reports directly to the Property Manager, Ontario and will be required to work at various assigned rental sites.
To maintain the property in a first class operational and maintenance standard that enhances the property’s curb appeal and resident satisfaction. This may be a live-in position at one of our properties in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Review work orders and maintenance schedules as directed by the Manager. Conduct a walkthrough of building(s) and ground(s) as per the maintenance check list (minimum twice per week) and action any problems that are noted and where necessary, bring problems to the attention of the Manager for further direction. Items that must be brought to management’s immediate attention are break-ins, property damage or security system failures, HVAC issues.
- During any walk through of the building(s) note any cleaning deficiencies and advise the Manager. Respond and attend to any cleaning problems immediately when cleaning staff are not on site or available.
- Conduct a daily inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment located within the building including roof top equipment, sprinkler rooms and systems, elevator machine rooms, mechanical rooms and equipment, electrical rooms and electrical vault, and all and any other equipment.
- Assist with various cleaning/maintenance of building exterior grounds.
- Assist with the preparation of vacant and available suites, performing necessary hands on maintenance tasks and including schedule trades if required, making ready for occupancy.
- Update and maintain all necessary maintenance records, such as inspection reports, service requests, incident reports, turnover sheets, and maintenance/contractor files both in paper and on the computer. Assist with maintaining contractor contact sheets
- Daily monitor and respond to issues regarding the building automated systems, security access and CCTV systems where applicable, including timed events, access card activations, cancellations, etc.
- Identify and take action to perform all hands-on, repair and maintenance to the building areas, resident suites, building exterior, grounds/parking areas, service rooms, etc. and where beyond scope of ability, engage contractors to perform work (within authority).
- Assist with and perform preventative maintenance to all building equipment and systems (where qualified and directed to do so).
- Minor plumbing repairs such as: change and repair taps, unplug drains and toilets, replace flush valves, repair hose bibs, change cartridges, isolate pipe leaks etc.
- Minor electrical repairs such as: change light switches, electrical outlets, install light fixtures and bathroom fans.
- Replace locks on doors, change door handles, and repair or replace door closers, install suite, closet, balcony and suite entry doors.
- Minor drywall repairs and painting; repair caulking and grout in bathrooms and kitchens; remove and replace kitchen and bathroom counters, sinks and taps, replace and repair toilets
- Participate in the fire and life safety procedures and fire drills and perform routine inspections and testing of the fire safety systems (such as testing of emergency generator once every month). Respond to emergencies as per the safety plan for the building.
- Keep the workshops and storage areas in an organized, clean and safe manner.
- Respond to break-ins, property damage, fires or floods and advise the Manager or Property Manager immediately and complete incident reports in detail.
- Respond to after hour call-outs for emergency situations, emergency maintenance repairs, noise and other resident emergency complaints.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to physically carry out duties of a maintenance technician.
- Must have good oral and written English skills and strong interpersonal skills to deal with residents, contractors and staff in a professional manner.
- Basic computer skills: use of Outlook, Word and Excel and smart phone operations.
- Knowledge of governing legislation such as the Residential Tenancy Act , Human Rights Code, Personal Information Protection Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing tasks related to building systems and general building repairs.
Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume in PDF or MS Word format quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.