Maintenance Technician - Vancouver
Reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor this role provides support in maintaining and operating various properties in Concert’s portfolio to a standard that enhances curb appeal and resident satisfaction. The role requires a varied technical skill set and the ability to work under varied conditions while upholding Concert’s high customer service brand.
- Perform repairs as per work orders and maintenance tasks as directed by the assigned Resident Services Manager (“RSM”) and when necessary calls in sub-trades.
- Expeditiously handle all building maintenance requests from residents/tenants in a professional and courteous manner as per the established protocol. Repairs include, but are not limited to:
- Minor electrical repairs such as changing various types of light bulbs, light switches, electrical outlets, and install light fixtures, change electrical ballasts (to 120 v only).
- Minor plumbing installations or repairs of faucets, toilets and associated piping, unplug drains/toilets and service various plumbing components.
- Minor hardware repair/replacement such as locks, door handles, and door closers.
- Minor drywall repairs and plaster work, painting and minor millwork repair and replacement.
- Minor general repairs such as grouting, floor repairs, door repairs/ installation.
- Conduct walkthroughs of building(s) and ground(s) as per the maintenance check list and action any minor problems that are noted. Bring problems to the attention of the Manager for further direction especially major issues such property damage, security system failures or HVAC issues.
- Check for and note any cleaning deficiencies and advise the RSM. Respond and attend to any cleaning problems immediately when cleaning staff are not on site or available.
- Conduct daily inspections of mechanical and electrical equipment located within the building including roof top equipment, sprinkler rooms and systems, elevator machine rooms, mechanical rooms and equipment, electrical rooms and electrical vault, and all and any other equipment.
- Assist with the cleaning/maintenance of building exterior grounds, sidewalks, parkades and loading bays including clearing snow as required from entrances, driveways and sidewalks and apply ice-melt as required.
- Assist with the preparation of vacant and available suites, performing necessary hands on maintenance tasks and as required scheduling trades to make ready for occupancy.
- Update and maintain all necessary maintenance records, such as inspection reports, service requests, incident reports, turnover sheets, and maintenance/contractor files.
- Monitor the building automated systems, security access and CCTV systems where applicable and update systems for timed events, access card activations, cancellations, etc. Investigate and rectify any operating discrepancies as may be necessary and as directed.
- Respond to break-ins, property damage, fires or floods and advise the Manager or Property Manager immediately and complete incident reports in detail.
- Respond to emergencies during business hours and participate in the rotation of Concert On-Call after hours services, as required.
Required Knowledge and Skill
- Ability to physically carry out duties of a maintenance technician
- Must have good oral and written English skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills: use of Outlook, Word and Excel and smart phone operations
- Knowledge of governing legislation such as the Residential Tenancy Act of BC, Human Rights Code, Personal Information Protection Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety (Worksafe BC)
- Knowledge of and experience in performing tasks related to building systems and general building repairs.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
Please note this is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this role.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume in PDF or MS Word format, quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.