Concert's 1190 Hornby Street Building Recognized for Environmental Best Practices
1190 Hornby Street has been awarded the Building Owners and Managers Association’s (BOMA) “Go Green” certification.
Vancouver, BC, Canada – Concert Realty Services Ltd. is pleased to announce that 1190 Hornby Street has been awarded the Building Owners and Managers Association’s (BOMA) “Go Green” certification.
The BOMA “Go Green” certification is a voluntary program designed for existing commercial buildings. “Go Green” recognizes those buildings where environmental best practices have been implemented in the following five key areas:
- Energy & Water Management
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Building Materials Selection & Management
- Interior Environment
- Tenant Awareness
At 1190 Hornby Street, the practical measures that we have taken focus on energy efficiency and contribute to environmental sustainability. These initiatives include:
- high efficiency mechanical equipment including chiller, heat exchanger and cooling tower
- high efficiency boilers for the heating and domestic hot water system
- new automated control system to effectively manage the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, as well as lighting
- low flow flush valves for toilets and urinals and low flow aerators for washroom sinks
- occupancy sensors for washroom lighting
- window film to reduce solar heat gain
- indoor air quality testing
- recycling programs for paper, glass, metal, plastics, fluorescent lights, & batteries
- rain sensors for the irrigation system
In addition to the numerous social and environmental benefits to “Go Green,” our efforts will result in reduced energy costs for our tenants.
Concert is very proud to be recognized by BOMA for these contributions to environmental sustainability and we wish to share this recognition with our tenants at 1190 Hornby. The decisions and behaviors of every building occupant affect the environment and we thank you for your support.
Going forward we are committed to exploring new initiatives.
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise involved in developing and acquiring commercial and industrial properties, rental housing, multi-family condominium housing, seniors living communities, and resort developments in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario. www.ConcertProperties.com
For media inquiries contact: