Nominated for CHBA 2005 National SAM Award, Concert’s Brio is a Rarity in Vancouver Market
Concert is extremely proud to once again be named as a finalist for an award that is synonymous with being the best.
Vancouver, BC, Canada – Concert is honoured to be named one of the finalists for a Canadian Home Builders’ Association’s 2005 National SAM Award. Concert’s Brio property has been nominated in the category of New Home Awards Multi-family Project. Winners will be announced at the National SAM Awards Ceremony during the 63rd National Conference in Lake Louise, Alberta on February 25, 2006.
“Concert is extremely proud to once again be named as a finalist for an award that is synonymous with being the best - a quality that Concert is dedicated to continuously pursuing,”said David Podmore, President & CEO, Concert Properties. “Contained within one of the largest master-planned communities in British Columbia, Brio is a rarity in the Vancouver real estate market – a high-quality lowrise constructed of concrete”.
As concrete is more expensive than other forms of construction, it is typically not used for four-storey buildings where less expensive wood-frame construction can be used. The only concrete lowrise at Collingwood Village, Brio offers residents superior sound-proofing, structural strength, durability and fire resistance.
Collingwood Village, Concert’s 28-acre master-planned community in East Vancouver is a community 16 years in the making. This former industrial site is now a proud neighbourhood of affordable rental and condominium homes, three parks, an elementary school, open green space, recreation facilities, a daycare centre, a neighbourhood house and the first crime prevention office established in Vancouver.
Completed in 2005 and designed to meet the continuing demand for affordable housing among first-time homebuyers, a large majority of Brio homes fell within the affordable price range of $100,000 - $250,000. The marketplace responded well by purchasing 100 per cent of suites at Brio within six months of project launch and a full six months prior to building completion.
Developed in phases, Collingwood Village has injected new life into the community and will include 2,800 rental and condominium homes when the fourth and final phase is complete in late 2006.
Concert was awarded the Canadian home building industry's highest honour - the Grand SAM Award - in 2003 and 2004 by the Canadian Home Builders' Association. The Company was also awarded the coveted Gold Georgie for "Best Residential Development in BC" at the 13th annual Georgie Awards in 2005. Concert was also named Best Home Builder in British Columbia by the Canadian Home Builders' Association of BC in 2000 and 2002
- Brio is home to one bedroom, one bedroom plus den and two bedroom suites with homes ranging in size from 414 to 866 square feet.
- As part of a larger master-planned community, Brio was designed to be compatible with the overall character of the surrounding area while still achieving a unique character and sense of place suited to its residents.
- An intimate grouping of only 61 suites, in a four-storey building, Brio’s compact size and contemporary exterior help set the building apart from previous developments within Collingwood Village.
- The building’s exterior is a simple, efficient design of cast in place concrete. A cool exterior colour palette complements that of neighbouring developments within Collingwood Village.
- The street edge responds to the urbanity of the site, creating a sense of streetscape and reinforcing the pedestrian quality of the street and overall community through individual entrances, terraces, gates and greenery surrounding ground floor suites.
- A short walk to the Joyce SkyTrain Station – the last within Zone 1 of BC Transit’s transportation system – provides residents with quick and easy access to downtown Vancouver, Metrotown and virtually anywhere in the Lower Mainland.
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise involved in developing and acquiring commercial and industrial properties, rental housing, multi-family condominium housing, seniors living communities, and resort developments in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario. www.ConcertProperties.com
For media inquiries contact: