People Experience Generalist
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a solid reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors and partners and dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio of $3.8 billion in assets while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success reflects our solid history and passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture and excellence in all we do. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable communities across Canada.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the People Experience Team as our People Experience Generalist. You will be working collaboratively with the team to provide a variety of functions and gain experience across a broad spectrum of Human Resources.
Reporting to the Manager, People Experience the People Experience Generalist will have a handful of strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, employee relations, training and development, and compensation and benefits. We have some exciting projects on the horizon and you will be a key driver of enterprise-wide change management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Champion and scale all back-end processes and workflows associated with People to enhance efficiency.
- Continually be recommending and suggesting best practices and look to scale the People Experience at Concert in an innovative way as a culture champion.
- Act as a subject matter expert when it comes to anything and everything People and employee relations.
- Provide research and data-driven recommendations for best people practices.
- Execute the design and delivery of policies and procedures across the organization.
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and build employee performance programs.
Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the People Experience department and improve the overall employee experience at Concert.
- You have a strong awareness of Socially Sustainable practices and are always striving to bring people together more effectively.
- Collaboration is a must. You are a self-starter that sees opportunities and dives right in.
- An eye for detail and an interest in compensation, variable pay and all things that like to live in a spreadsheet.
- Diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management or similar.
- You know the ups and downs of hiring top talent and can self-manage recruiting multiple roles as a side gig to the day-to-day of enterprise-wide People Experience.
- You like to be challenged, push the boundaries and try new things. You don’t mind getting in the weeds as long as you get the job done.
- Iterating and creating. You like trying out a new app, platform or technology and share with the team.
- You enjoy being the go-to for all policies and procedures but don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and questioning the norm if your people-senses tell you we need to try something different.
- An interest in change management, data and a modern approach to people practices.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact
- A positive approach and attitude!
- You can prioritize and manage competing demands in a dynamic environment
Bonus Points for:
- Strong HRIS and Microsoft Office skills.
- Extensive knowledge in the realm of Employment Standards, Human Rights and Safe Work practices.
If this sounds like a match, we hope to hear from you! Please apply to webHR@concertproperties.com quoting “People Experience Generalist” in the subject line.