Project Operations Manager, Infrastructure - Toronto
The Project Operations Manager will report to the Director, Project Operations Concert Infrastructure located in Toronto, and will work closely with the broader Concert Infrastructure team to oversee and complete a variety of duties within the following key primary functional areas. These include but are not limited to bidding, project development, design, construction, transition and project or facility operations management.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
Project Operations Management
- Act as the day to day point of contact between Concert, the client and the consortia during the concession period to resolve and manage contractual issues relating to infrastructure project facility management (FM);
- Monitor the performance of the FM provider to ensure that service level targets and life cycle (LC) obligations as set out in Project Agreement (PA) are met;
- Manage commercial issues between Concert, government and FM provider, including dispute resolution;
- Actively participate in various meetings as required, including but not necessarily limited to FM, utility and security committees or sub-committees;
- Ensure that monthly performance reports are received from each project as required by the PA;
- Review the monthly performance reports to ensure the information is useful and consistent with the reporting requirements under the PA;
- Submit the monthly performance reports to the client on behalf of Concert in accordance with the timelines set out in the PA;
- Review invoicing with the Concert Finance team to facilitate timely submission of all monthly invoices; and
- Provide architectural, mechanical and electrical (A/M/E) assistance on all projects in the portfolio.
Design, Construction and Transition
- Review, understand and apply various aspects of the PA for each project;
- Actively participate in design team meetings to ensure that long term FM operations are taken into consideration by design team including contractors and consultants;
- Direct and ensure that the FM provider submits all required FM documents and deliverables in accordance with the timelines set out in the PA;
- Assist the FM provider with the development of site-specific operational plans, policies and procedures;
- Act as the point of contact between Concert, the client, construction team and FM team during design, construction and transition to resolve and manage contractual issues relating to FM;
- Oversee the operational interests of Concert on the construction site;
- Actively participate in various meetings as required;
- Provide monthly reports to the VP on the status of each project, including schedule, FM issues/resolution and transition issues/resolution; and
- Provide A/M/E assistance on all projects in the portfolio.
Bidding and Project Development
- Assist in the preparation and review of bid submissions as required;
- Provide A/M/E input with respect to FM and LC costs for projects as required; and
- Track and compile on design-build (DB) cost, FM and LC costs by asset type, contractor and geographical location.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management, facility operational or commercial experience managing public infrastructure;
- Knowledge of public-private partnership projects is considered an asset;
Active membership or participation in the following professional organizations or designations will be considered an asset:
- P. Eng., PMP, PPM, BOMA, CHES, LEED.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and the ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines as a part of a team;
- Demonstrated knowledge of building design standards, FM practices and reporting systems;
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to negotiate effectively with tact and diplomacy;
- Strong business acumen and judgment are crucial;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and the flexibility to work remotely as necessary;
- Ability and willingness to travel to various project sites across Canada as needed.
Please note this is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this role.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume in PDF or MS Word format, quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com.
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.