Property Accountant, Income Producing Properties (IPP), Toronto
Reporting to the Manager, Income Producing Properties, this role requires an experienced individual who is capable of being part of a team, adept at finding solutions and capable of juggling a variety of initiatives.
- Property accounting for assigned properties
- Calculation of the annual tenant cost recoveries and adjustment billings to tenants
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Prepare monthly rent billing and electronic pre-authorized rent payment transfers, analyze outstanding arrears reports and prepare daily NSFs as required
- Deposit, record, and reconcile the cheques applicable to multiple properties, and leasing commissions fees (payables and receivables)
- Prepare the Monthly and Quarterly Financial Statements packages
- Prepare of month-end journal entries, accounting memos and analysis of portfolios
- Be aware of the internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Working directly with the property management to create and analyze budgets, accruals, cash flows and forecasts
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Participate in the evaluation of existing processes to improve and enhance efficiency; display pro-active thinking skills
- Ensure consistency of processes and procedures for own portfolio of both residential and commercial properties.
- Support and provide back up for the team (vacation, sick coverage, etc.)
- Participate in the maintenance of a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment.
- 1-2 years of property accounting experience, ideally with an emphasis in residential property accounting
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma
- Knowledge in Yardi Voyager (preferably 7S version), is an asset
- Professional demeanour with strong interpersonal, motivational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with Head Office team
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your email of intent to Human Resources quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.