Property Accountant, Seniors Housing - Vancouver
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, Seniors Housing, this role requires an experienced individual who is capable of being part of a team, adept at finding solutions and capable of juggling a variety of initiatives.
- Property accounting for assigned communities
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and accurate accounting records, including AP invoice coding, marshalling the AP approval process, journal entries, accruals etc.
- Knowledge and application of the annual tenant cost recoveries and adjustment billings to tenants
- Prepare monthly electronic pre-authorized rent payment transfers and prepare daily NSFs as required
- Deposit, record, and reconcile the cheques applicable to multiple properties (payables and receivables)
- Create and analyze outstanding arrears reports
- Prepare and process monthly management fee calculations
- Assist with preparation of the Monthly and Quarterly Financial Statements packages
- Prepare of month-end journal entries and analysis of portfolios as required
- Provide feedback in the preparation and updating of procedure manuals
- Be aware of the internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Effective cross-department communication
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 1-2 years of progressive property management accounting experience
- Previous real estate experience is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to follow up and follow through
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently
- Familiarity with Yardi is an asset
- Diploma in Business/Accounting/ Commerce is an asset
- Intermediate training/ experience with excel required
- Enrollment in CPA program is an asset
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume in PDF or MS Word format quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com.
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.