Resident Services Manager - Westridge
Reporting directly to the Property Manager located at 9th floor, 1190 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, the Resident Services Manager oversees the administrative and maintenance operations of The Westridge (88 units) to a first-class standard that enhances property appeal and resident satisfaction.
- Manage, co-ordinate and supervise the work of part-time Resident Services Agent and mobile staff including but not limited to: training, scheduling, monitoring job performance, providing feedback, probationary and annual reviews.
- Conduct regular building, ground and suite inspections and follow up with any maintenance required.
Oversee the routine housekeeping and preventive maintenance and repairs throughout the property, including all interior and exterior common areas:
- Establish and monitor maintenance schedules
- Assist with the training and monitoring of maintenance staff to ensure quality work
- Co-ordinate and supervise routine and preventive maintenance to mechanical, electrical and plumbing system as performed by outside contractors
- Direct the Maintenance Staff regarding day-to-day maintenance scheduling and assist with maintenance where practical.
- Ongoing liaison with contractors and other suppliers, obtaining quotes for work required.
- Ensure that all contractors’ performance (work and customer service) meet Concert’s standards.
Attend to the ongoing rental of vacant suites:
- Process suite rental applications
- Complete credit checks and other reference checks
- Complete and administer tenancy agreements.
- Provide positive customer relations and deal promptly and professionally with resident concerns.
- Collect rental and other income as due from tenants and carry out the associated prescribed banking procedures in a timely manner.
- Issue late payment notices, eviction notices and other necessary collection procedures.
- Address resident tenancy violations.
- Attend Residential Tenancy Branch Arbitration hearings as necessary.
- Issue Purchase Orders for goods and services as required.
- Ensure on-site records up-to-date and in good order.
- Administer and participate in the fire and life safety operations and procedures required at the property.
- Provide appropriate input and administrative support to the Property Manager in preparing the annual operating budget.
- Having regard for fiscal responsibility, monitor the expenses of The Westridge with the goal of achieving revenue growth.
- Ensure all community and building information is current and co-ordinate changes with head office.
- Review rental rolls and ensure information provided to head office accounting department is accurate.
- Prepare rent increase notifications as directed by the Property Manager.
- Review leasing, administration and inspection forms and provide input to the Property Manager.
- Provide information for the resident newsletters.
- Work with the Property Management Assistant to ensure successful tenant appreciation events.
- Monitor the Occupational Health and Safety management system, its policies, records and continuous improvement.
- Support and lead sustainability initiatives.
- Conduct monthly OH&S property inspections.
- Share emergency on-call responsibility on a bi-weekly rotation with other site personnel.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of all governing legislation such as Employment Standards Act of British Columbia; Residential Tenancy Act; Human Rights Code; Personal Information Protection Act of British Columbia; Building code, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC operation and building maintenance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Leasing and marketing experience and training.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Leadership and coaching.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Clear criminal record and credit check.
- Become proficient in the use of software including Yardi, UltiPro, Keyscan, Reliable Controls, CCTV system, etc.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume in PDF or MS Word format, quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com.
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.