Administrative Assistant – Finance & Accounting (14 months contract)
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
Reporting to the Director, IPP Accounting this role provides support to the Finance leadership team in planning and coordinating workflow as well as providing general administrative support to the Finance and Accounting team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively perform a wide variety of administrative duties as required on a day-to-day basis;
- Work with the Finance leadership team to plan and coordinate major deliverables and project outcomes;
- Have a clear understanding of the Finance department’s role in Concert’s operations to ensure the ability to integrate and coordinate the leadership team;
- Prepare and proof documents which vary in scope and complexity;
- Prepare meeting minutes and distribute accordingly;
- Schedule appointments and meetings and organize team events;
- Diligently follow up to ensure deadlines are met;
- Identify and implement ways in which the leadership team can work effectively to achieve goals;
- Assist with coordinating travel arrangements (i.e. flights, accommodation, etc.) as necessary;
- Prepare various reports as assigned;
- Organizing necessary materials/documentation for draft presentations and proposals;
- Special projects as assigned.
What you bring:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in administration, business or related discipline an asset.
- 3+ years of experience in Administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflict.
- Superior organizational skills with an ability to manage several varied tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Above average competence in several software applications, including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Above average typing & proof-reading skills with diligent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage confidential information effectively.
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures an asset.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.