Analyst, Investments (Vancouver)
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.7 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.2 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in developing rental apartments, condominium homes and retirement communities, and acquiring, developing and managing commercial and industrial properties in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, Investments this role will support various aspects of real estate analysis and underwriting within the Investments team. The Investments team is responsible for asset valuations and financial analytics, acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, leasing, and financing of industrial, office and residential income producing properties.
- Prepare financial analysis that project cashflows, investment returns and the support acquisitions/disposition and development approvals
- Assist and prepare packages for investment committee
- Participate in the review of new deals/developments and coordinate with internal/ external groups to support financial modeling assumptions and other underwriting
- Conduct research and maintain understanding of industrial, office and high-rise residential development property transactions and market activity
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business, real estate, economics or finance
- Demonstrable Real Estate industry or relevant experience
- Recent graduates with less than 1 year experience but with specialized studies in Real Estate, will be considered
- Ability to research, analyze, underwrite and evaluate real estate investment and development opportunities
- Technical competence in the development of dynamic financial models to analyze various investment opportunities
- Ability to understand real estate values, including DCF models and the appraisal processes
- Multitasking while working under pressure and tight deadline parameters
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, the MS Office suite and Argus
- Fostering and maintaining strong positive relationships with the brokerage and real estate community
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. As a Concert employee, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume and cover letter in PDF or MS Word format, quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.