We are still open and leasing residential rental suites during COVID-19 — Virtual Tours are available now!
Subscribe to the Blueprint Newsletter
Cloud Back-end Developer (Vancouver)
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
This role reports to the Director Solution Architecture and will be responsible for backend work to support, develop and scale the reporting and data integration platform, collaborating with the Information System and Technology (IST) team, business teams, cloud and application service providers.
The right candidate needs to combine being entrepreneurial in their thinking about problems and solutions with commitment to maintaining a stable and secure multi-cloud environment. There will be opportunities to collaborate on developing the Concert’s digital transformation road map including front-end, web applications, digital twin data models and intelligent building IoT integration solutions.
- Support troubleshooting back-end data queries.
- Assist with updates, functionality testing, scripts and reporting.
- Assist in maintaining the data and integration interfaces.
- Assist in developing data governance and data life cycle management practices.
- Document database and cloud architecture.
- Manage and test database and information systems backup and recovery.
- Work in an Agile development environment and adapt to changing requirements and workload.
- Work with team members, consultants and vendors to ensure compliance service levels security standards and issue resolution.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field with 1-3 years’ experience.
- Deep understanding of the SQL query language and Entity Data Model to perform queries and assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Deep understanding of SSRS, SSIS, SQL Server Profiler.
- Interest in Data Engineering and Analytics.
- Opportunity to work with AWS Glue, Lambda, cloud formation and Kafka.
- Opportunity to work with AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud environments and management.
- Familiarity with Yardi Voyager is nice to have but not essential.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your résumé quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.