Energy Analyst, Sustainability (Vancouver)
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.7 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.2 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in developing rental apartments, condominium homes and retirement communities, and acquiring, developing and managing commercial and industrial properties in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sustainability the Energy Analyst will work in coordination with supervisor of the Property Management Operations to deliver energy efficiency and carbon reduction projects on Concert’s diverse portfolio of buildings. The position will also assist in the collection and reporting on energy and environmental metrics to Fortis BC, and 3rd party organizations such as GRESB and Climate Smart.
- Develop and execute retrofit projects that result in natural gas savings and lower Greenhouse Gas emissions.
- Stay appraised of, and when applicable, apply for incentives from government and utilities, specifically FortisBC’s Demand Side Management programs
- Conduct an inventory of natural gas fired equipment to determine eligible projects for FortisBC incentives;
- Work with the VP Sustainability to explore and develop business cases to reduce natural gas use and lower carbon emissions.
- Bring forward natural gas related projects to internal management for budget approval;
- Execute natural gas projects and ensure that FortisBC programs are applied for and utilized where applicable;
- Ensure all necessary invoices are submitted for incentives from FortisBC;
- Help coordinate/present any applicable employee awareness training;
- Submit a quarterly assessment to FortisBC outlining all completed, current and planned projects that will result in natural gas savings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Aptitude
Education should include one of the following, BCIT SEMAC (Sustainable Energy Management Advanced Certificate), UBC Masters in Clean Energy, Douglas College Building Energy and Resource Management program certificate, Langara Energy Management Certificate, or a Master’s degree in sustainability or planning.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm related to energy efficiency (work/volunteer experience)
- Familiarity and knowledge of energy efficient technologies (implementation of a project or attendance of a course)
- Experience in developing business cases and detailed report writing
- Experience using common computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to producing high quality work, including thorough self-review.
- Strong team player, with willingness to assist others as needed.
- Curious, enthusiastic and a desire and aptitude to grow and progress professionally within a supportive environment.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, comprehensive pension package, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, education assistance program and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your email of intent to Human Resources quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.