Manager, Investments (Portfolio Management)
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Investments in Vancouver, this role will focus on real estate portfolio management, valuation and analysis for the commercial and industrial income property fund.
· Fund Management - Be involved on all aspects of the management of CREC Commercial Fund LP, including capital calls, future capital raises, updates to legal agreements and communications and reporting with investors
· Valuation - Plan, organize, and execute together with external consultants the valuation of income producing properties and the corresponding term financing loans on a quarterly basis
· Analytics - Analyze, monitor and report the strategic and financial performance of all income producing properties, including Concert’s fund portfolio performance, in comparison to market statistics and industry performance benchmarks, leading to a comprehensive investment and asset management strategy
· Reporting – Coordinate the process of quarterly working team meetings for each property and oversee internal asset management reporting documentation. Review and provide input to quarterly and annual reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in business, real estate, economics or finance
• 5-10 years of relevant real estate experience, with a background preferably in asset or portfolio management
• Ability to understand real estate values, including DCF models and the appraisal processes
• Strong understanding of real estate valuation and accounting methodology
• Ability to research, analyze, underwrite and evaluate real estate investment properties
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, the MS Office suite and Argus; Yardi software experience would be an asset
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.