Property Manager (BC)
About Concert Properties LTD.
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
Reporting directly to the Director, Property Management, the Property Manager will be overseeing tenant improvements to building strong client relationships and managing Site Staff and Property Management Assistants, the Commercial Property Manager is a multi-faceted leader of all operations and financial activities.
This is an ideal role for an entry level Property Manager seeking to manage multifaceted portfolios, including mixed commercial portfolio comprised of office, industrial properties.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role the candidate will be required to become familiar with and undertake the following tasks within 12 months of employment:
- Manage, co-ordinate, and supervise the work of site staff and Property Management Assistant (PMA), located in our multifaceted portfolio of commercial properties, and other assigned properties.
- Recruit, train, and provide ongoing personnel development programs for site staff.
- Ensure compliance of all organizational procedures and governmental regulations.
- Perform and document staff evaluations including, but not limited to, performance reviews, corrective action reviews and termination.
- Review staff timesheets, schedule staff and approve vacation requests/leaves.
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the properties are always fully functional and maintained in an attractive condition consistent with Concert standards.
- Implement, monitor and review preventive maintenance programs for each building.
- Implement, monitor and improve upon all sustainable practices as they relate to energy conservation, recycling, composting and waste reduction.
- Routinely walk through buildings to review maintenance quality and work required.
- Conduct health and safety inspections.
- Review monthly maintenance and site property reports to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Review and implement cost control programs.
- Review and monitor site purchasing to ensure that all purchasing guidelines are followed.
- Review monthly operational reports and provide variance and operational analysis and prepare quarterly variance/forecast reports.
- Liaise with accounting for reports, adjustments and commercial recoveries.
- Obtain quotes for major work and contract renewals.
- Obtain quotes and monitor commercial tenant improvement work.
- Review all purchasing to ensure that it meets purchasing policies and approve for payment through electronic purchasing system.
- Prepare annual capital and operating budgets for all properties.
- Review of operating and CAM statements.
- Liaise with the Asset Manager on Capital Project approvals and other major operational issues.
- Liaise with Asset Manager on renewal and new commercial tenancies.
- Interact with commercial tenants to resolve operational issues and to build good working relationships.
What you bring:
- A Minimum of 2 years of Property Management or related experience.
- Diploma or degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- RECBC-Property Management License or candidate.
- Professional designation (RPA/CPM,) would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Commercial Leases Commercial Recovery procedures.
- Knowledge of building systems operation and building maintenance.
- Familiarity of all governing legislation such as Employment Standards Act; Human Rights Code; Building code, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritizing skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs with superior experience with Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of Yardi is an asset.
- Understanding of financial reporting and experience in preparation of budgets and review of operating statements.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership and coaching skills.
- Clean driver's license; transportation to and from sites and office, ideally the incumbent would have a car.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.