Senior Corporate Accountant
About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Accounting, the Senior Corporate Accountant provides accounting expertise with a primary emphasis on the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting. The role requires a detail oriented professional who is adept at working with people in many departments to provide an accurate picture of the company’s financial performance that will be relied upon by management, shareholders and external users.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the preparation of Monthly / Quarterly / Annual Financial Statements, Consolidation working papers and Tax working papers.
- Review of month end journal entries.
- Effectively reviews and analyses financial statements.
- Liaises with department heads, VP Finance, Director of Development Finance, Director of Income Producing Properties, Director Finance Tapestry and managers of the accounting group.
- Assist with drafting of accounting memos and analysis.
- Assist with the compilation of working papers for corporate tax returns, review GST and PST returns and ensure timely filings.
- Assist with preparation and filing of statutory returns for multiple companies.
- Assist in the development of the annual business plan and corporate budgeting.
- Support the Manager of Finance Operations in daily accounting activities and special projects.
- Assist with year-end audits for corporate and co-ownership financial statement audits.
- Responsible for managing Corporate Accountant(s) and directing work.
What you bring:
- Recent CPA Designate.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Tax experience an asset.
- Experience in public practice is an asset
- A strong understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises.
- Familiarity with Yardi Voyager is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in real estate and RealPac is an asset.
- Experience in successfully partnering with internal and external clients.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work in a complex corporate environment.
- Experience supervising or mentoring junior staff is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and in-depth knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.