Senior Project Accountant
Reporting and providing support to the Manager and Director, Development Finance, this role requires the successful applicant to take ‘ownership’ of all aspects of the development accounting and reporting processes for assigned projects.
- Prepare and maintain a budgeting, forecasting and cost commitment system for controlling project costs and future cash requirements, including prompt entry of budgets and budget revisions within reporting deadlines.
- Work with Development, Construction, and Sales and Marketing to understand project scope, complexity and nuances.
- Assist Construction Project Managers in the preparation and maintenance of construction budget and change order tracking mechanisms.
- Understand, prepare and maintain complex project proformas, including for master-planned communities with multiple mixed-use project components.
- Liaison with the Sales Dept. to ensure the accuracy and completion of sales and marketing reports and schedules, including but not limited to the sales master workbooks, external broker commissions tracking and the interim occupancy and sales closing process.
- Review monthly funding requests and construction loan draws prepared by the Project Accountant. Prepare monthly funding requests, construction loan draws and assist with initial project budget reviews with the external consultants for assigned projects.
- Mentor more junior staff on the understanding, preparation and maintenance of proformas, project status reports and cashflows of straightforward stand-alone projects.
- Assist the Manager with the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement reporting through preparation of all required supporting information and schedules.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports for partners, and liaison with various departments within partner organisations on project financial matters.
- Assist the Manager and Director in the implementation and rollout of any automation, financial systems, information technology and reporting initiatives.
- Other accounting duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Aptitude
- A minimum of 7 years of general accounting experience, ideally with a minimum of 3 years of project accounting experience within the real estate development industry.
- The capacity to understand the specific intricacies of each project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel And Word is strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong team player, with willingness to assist others as needed.
- A desire and aptitude to grow and progress professionally within a supportive environment.
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager is an asset.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.