Senior Property Accountant, Income Producing Properties (IPP) - (Toronto)
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Fund Reporting, this role requires an experienced individual who is adept at finding solutions and capable of juggling a variety of initiatives.
- Help train the property accountant(s) on current processes and procedures
- Ensure consistency of processes and procedures completed by the team and for own portfolio and display pro-active thinking skills
- Review and sign off on the property accountant’s work
- Resolve issues/questions from the team
- Support and provide back up for the team (vacation, coverage etc.)
- Provide leadership in the creation and maintenance of a supportive, teamwork environment
- Property accounting for assigned properties
- Thorough knowledge and application of the annual tenant cost recoveries and adjustment billings to tenants
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Prepare and process monthly management fee calculations
- Prepare monthly rent billing and electronic pre-authorized rent payment transfers, analyze outstanding arrears reports and prepare daily NSFs as required
- Deposit, record, and reconcile the cheques applicable to multiple properties, and leasing commissions fees (payables and receivables)
- Prepare the Monthly and Quarterly Financial Statements packages
- Prepare of month-end journal entries, accounting memos and analysis of portfolios
- Provide feedback in the preparation and updating of procedure manuals
- Be aware of the internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Effective cross-department communication
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5 years of commercial property management accounting experience
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Expert in Yardi Voyager (preferably 7S version)
- Professional demeanour with strong interpersonal, motivational and communication skills
- Flexibility regarding organizational needs and change in direction, as required
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to follow up and follow through
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with Head Office team
- Diploma in Business/Accounting/ Commerce is required
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Office 2010/2013 - ability to design and maintain spreadsheets, written procedures and written correspondence (including emails)
- CPA designated is an asset
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. As a Concert employee, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your email of intent to People Experience quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.